Monday, June 2, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

What did I do while I was on vacation? I lounged around for a while, and I baked. I made brownies from the box--I haven't tried a brownie recipe from scratch yet--and I made a new cookie which I haven't done yet. Thanks to Hershey's for putting their recipes on the bag! What would I do without it? So, my special friend and I had just finished eating lunch... being around me has brought out the sweet tooth in him so he asked me if I could bake something. Why not? I love baking! My cupboards are not fully stocked, thought, so I grabbed what I could find and discovered I could make Reese's Chocolate PB chip cookies (which look delicious on the bag by the way). Oh, I'm getting hungry just thinking about them! Surprisingly I wasn't able to find the recipe on the Hershey's website. But I did find the exact recipe I used on Cooks.com.

REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CHIP CHOCOLATE COOKIES
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
2/3 c. Hershey's cocoa (sifted)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. (12 oz. pkg.) Reese's peanut butter chips

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in peanut butter chips. Chill until firm enough to handle.

I dropped the first batch onto the pan in teaspoonfuls as directed, just so we could have some to eat right away and then start watching a movie. I figured I'd chill the rest and make them later or on another day. This turned out to be a great idea because I just sliced off sections later in the night and proceeded as follows:

Shape small amounts of dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet and flatten slightly with fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet onto wire rack.

Makes about 6 dozen 2 1/2 inch cookies.



They were soooo goood! We couldn't stop eating them!

No comments: