Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I <3 *$ Doubleshot!

Ok, so I tried the new Doubleshot+Energy drink at Starbucks this morning. I wasn't sure how to ask for it, so I picked up one of the canned on-the-go version and asked a barista. "Do you guys make these or do I just give you the can and you'll pour it over ice and shake it?" The lovely young lady behind the counter answered with a slightly confused look on her face, "We can make it, yeah. But that one is a Mocha. The regular one might be more bitter than that." So, I ordered it, "Ok, I'll have one of them... a Venti. No, a Grande! It'll probably have more caffeine right? So, I better start with a Grande." It was obvious that the Bean Crew was still pretty unfamiliar with the new drink, but they were very helpful in answering my questions and filling me in. Miss Barista made my drink in a Venti cup to allow extra room for stirring and shaking, then added extra ice. I asked her what to call it when I ordered next time and she laughed, "um...I don't know. A doubleshot + Mocha... + Energy?" Well, that works for me. I believe my new favorite drink this Summer is an Iced Mocha Doubleshot with Energy! (in a Venti Cup). It tastes just like an Iced Mocha but with 100 less calories! Why didn't I discover this sooner? Want something with even less calories? You can opt for sugar-free syrups and nonfat milk. I think that would be called an Iced Skinny Mocha Doubleshot with Energy. Mmm... bravvisimo!

No comments: